Protect Your child's Mouth
With Pediatric Care
Whether you’re looking for a pediatric dentist because you’ve just had your first child or you and your family have recently moved to the area, finding a friendly dental home is critical for your child’s oral health. If you are looking for expert dental care for your little one in in Beau Rivage, RiverLights or Carolina Beach, Dr. Graves of Myrtle Grove Implant and Family Dentistry.
the importance of pediatric care
When Should my child see the dentist?
Ideally, you should schedule your child’s first dental appointment when their first tooth erupts, or when they have their first birthday, whichever comes first. This ensures that Dr. Graves is able to track the development of their teeth from a very early age, and identify any potential issues, such as early tooth decay or tongue/lip ties. Seeing a dentist regularly from a young age encourages positive oral care habits and also helps prevent the development of dental anxiety in later years.
know what to expect
Common Pediatric Dental Treatments
What treatments are common for infants, toddlers and kids? Here are a few preventive, restorative, and orthodontic pediatric options that we offer at our office:
- Oral exams and teeth cleaning – Oral hygiene appointments and exams are critical for recognizing any potentially dangerous dental problems before they become more severe.
- Dental sealants – Dental sealants are made of a special plastic compound, which is applied to the rear molars to prevent the buildup of plaque, and stop tooth decay.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride treatments are often recommended for children who have a high risk of developing cavities. Fluoride helps remineralize the teeth and strengthens them.
- Fillings – A filling may be required for either a primary or permanent tooth, if the tooth has been damaged by decay. Our minimally-invasive treatment and sedation options keep your child feeling safe and comfortable throughout the procedure.
- Orthodontic assessments – Using x-rays and regular oral exams, Dr. Graves can assess your child’s oral health, and identify any issues which may need orthodontic correction in the future.
ready for an appointment?
pediatric care in wilmington
Dr. Graves is an experienced, certified, and professional family and pediatric dentist. At our office, we serve patients of all ages from across Myrtle Grove, South Wilmington, and Monkey Junction. Contact us at (910) 660-0123, or come to our office at 5920 Carolina Beach Road, Suite #140, Wilmington, NC, 28412 to schedule a pediatric appointment. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon!